Seriously, talk about taking banana bread up a notch! This combination of bananas coffee and chocolate make these muffins perfect for your breakfast, snack, and dessert cravings! Who needs eggs and butter when you can blend bananas and coconut oil? This combo makes the fluffiest and 'buttery' muffins around! They are super easy to make too. Blend the bananas, coconut oil and sugar, sift the dry ingredients, mix together and bake!
Chocolate Coffee Banana Muffins [Vegan]
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup coconut oil (soft or liquid form)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee grinds
- 3 tablespoons vegan mini-chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a muffin tin with cups or use paper baking cups.
- Using a high-speed blender, blend together bananas, coconut oil, sugar and vanilla until smooth. (you can also mash bananas with a fork or use a hand-held blender)
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Stir in instant coffee grinds.
- In a large bowl, mix together wet and dry ingredients until well combined. Pour into muffin cups, top with mini-chocolate chips and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!