These bars are perfectly healthy, yet indulgent. Add a layer of chocolate on top with a sprinkle of coconut and goji berries to take them to the next level. They are also delicious without any toppings and served as granola bars for a healthy snack. Not only are they healthy and delicious, but these bars are also vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free!
Chocolate Coconut Oat Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free]
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, roasted or raw
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter
- 1 cup unsweetened or dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup goji berries, chopped
- Add dates to a food processor and pulse a few times to chop, without forming a ball.
- Add oats, sunflower seeds, vanilla, salt, water, and sunflower seed butter. Process until the ingredients are well mixed and stick together when pressed. Transfer to a 9-inch by 9-inch dish and press to the bottom (making sure it's compact so that the bars don't crumble).
- Melt the chocolate- Add it to a bowl and melt it in a microwave for approximately 2 minutes, but a saucepan works as well. You can add a teaspoon of coconut oil if desired to help melt.
- Pour the chocolate over the oat bars. Spread evenly. Top with coconut flakes and goji berries immediately before the chocolate hardens to make sure it sticks.
- Put the bars in the fridge or freezer for the chocolate to harden before cutting. Cut into 12 bars and enjoy!