If you’re looking for a simple and easy-to-make snack that you can grab on the go – we’ve found the perfect treat. These granola bars are stuffed full of healthy seeds, peanuts, and no refined sugar. Plus, they taste absolutely incredible.
Chocolate Coated Nuts and Seeds Granola Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Bars:
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shelled peanuts, roughly chopped
- 3 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 14-ounces vegan dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 13x9-inch pan with coconut oil.
- Combine the peanut butter, coconut oil, and syrup in a small saucepan and place on the stovetop over medium-high heat.
- Stir together until the coconut oil is completely melted and the mixture in warm. Add the almond milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Stir well and remove from heat to cool.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients (seeds, nuts, and oats) in a large mixing bowl. Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl and stir with a large spoon or spatula. Mix until well coated then press the mixture into your prepared pan and use something flat to pack it down, such as the bottom of a cup.
- Bake the bars for 22-25 minutes or until the edges are very golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely. Once cooled cut them into bars and melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler over low heat. Dip, brush, or drizzle the bars with chocolate as desired and allow the chocolate to set and harden.
- Now they're ready for munching! Store in an airtight container. This recipe can also be crumbled into clusters and eaten on a bowl with non-dairy milk or yogurt and fruit.