Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Pizza is like a gooey-in-the-middle, crispy-on-the-edges cookie. This cookie is perhaps the only one that you won’t mind sharing with others because it is enormous. The secret to the gooeyness of this cookie pizza is a peanut butter layer slathered between two layers of dough before baking that melts when the cookie is baked. You can enjoy this giant cookie either warm, when it is still soft and gooey, or after a few hours or overnight when it has firmed up and is easy to cut into cookie pizza slices.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Pizza [Vegan]
1 10-in cookie pizza
- 1 tablespoon (8 g) ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) plant-based milk such as oat milk
- 1/2 cup (120 g) smooth unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 cup (100 g) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (115 g) vegan butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (190 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (170 g) vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a large baking sheet (about 16 x 14 inches [40 x 35 cm]) with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the ground flax seeds and plant-based milk to form a flax “egg” and set the mixture aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt until you have a smooth peanut butter caramel.
- In a bowl with a handheld mixer or with a stand mixer, cream together the softened vegan butter and light brown sugar for at least 2 minutes. Add the flax “egg” and continue beating for a minute.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the creamed butter, sugar, and flax “egg” mixture. Mix the ingredients together until you have a firm cookie dough batter. Fold in the chocolate chips and knead with your hands to get a firm dough.
- Flatten about half of the cookie dough into a round pizza shape that is about 9 1/2 inches (24 cm) in diameter.
- Spread the peanut butter caramel evenly on top of the pizza. Add the second cookie dough layer on top of the peanut butter caramel layer. The peanut butter will spread a bit from the edges, but you can fold it in with the cookie dough edges.
- Bake the cookie pizza in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes. With 12 minutes of baking time, you will have a soft and gooey cookie pizza. The more you bake the cookie pizza, the less gooey it becomes.
- Store the cookie pizza well covered at room temperature for up to 3 days so that it stays soft. If you want it to be firmer and also easier to slice, store it in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.