These easy, nut-free, nutritious-and-delicious Chocolate Chip Granola Cookies are made with wholesome ingredients, including grain-free granola, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, and tahini. They’re packed with healthy fats, fiber, and protein so you can feel good about serving them for snack time, dessert, or even breakfast!
Chocolate Chip Granola Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup Blueberry or Chocolate Granola (or granola of choice)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup vegan protein powder (or substitute additional rolled oats)
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax and 2 1/2 tablespoons warm water)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Mix together flax and water and allow to sit for 10 minutes until a gloopy, egg-like consistency is achieved.
- Put granola and pumpkin seeds in blender and pulse until coarsely ground.
- Pour into a medium bowl and add rolled oats, oat flour, protein powder,
- hemp seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flax egg, tahini, maple syrup, coconut oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and mix until well-incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 15 minutes then, using your hands, shape cookies and place on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.