What’s great about this recipe is that you can mix all your ingredients together in a bowl, using just a fork, making it a quick and easy process.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread [Vegan]
- 3 ripe, spotty bananas
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 2 teaspoons baking power
- 1/3 cup plant based milk
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Flax Egg (2 tablespoons group flax seeds, 4 tablespoons water)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF. Grease a loaf tray with coconut oil / vegan butter and line the tray with some baking paper.
- Blend up your oats to form oat flour, or just add 1 1/2 cups cups of your preferred flour to a bowl. In the meantime, make your flax egg and let it sit for 2 minutes: 2 tablespoons flax seeds, combined with 4 tablespoons water.
- In a bowl, mash your bananas with a fork, until they reach a smooth consistency. Then, stir all the other wet ingredients into the bowl: coconut milk, maple syrup, flax egg, and peanut butter.
- Then, add your wet ingredients into the mixture, one by one: brown sugar, oat flour, cacao nibs, and baking power, combining all the ingredients together.
- Pour your mixture into your lined baking tray, evenly distributing the dough throughout. I finely chopped a banana to add on the top of my tray for aesthetics, but feel free to leave it plain, or crumble walnuts or any other preferred nuts or seeds, on top of yours.
- Place the tray in the oven, uncovered, for approximately 45 minutes, until golden on top.
- Remove the tray from the oven and place it on a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes.