This is the best chocolate cheesecake you'll ever try. The crust is nutty and the cheesecake layer is chocolatey and decadent. Don't hesitate to treat yourself!
Chocolate Cheesecake With a Mixed Nut Crust [Vegan]
For the Pie Crust:
- 1 cup hazelnuts/almonds/cashews (Such as a mixture of about 1/2 cup hazelnuts and 1/2 cup almonds/cashews)
- 3 large Medjool dates (or 5-6 smaller dates)
- 2 tablespoons raisins, soaked for 15 minutes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 14 ounces silken tofu
- 7.05 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon, plus more to taste maple syrup (or agave/coconut blossom nectar/coconut sugar/date syrup/any other sweetener you like)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A shot of rum (optional)
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut oil until it is liquid.
- In a food processor, blend the nuts, dates, raisins, sea salt, cacao powder, and coconut oil until you achieve a crunchy texture that holds its shape when you press it between your fingers. If it doesn’t stick together, add more dates or raisins.
- Cover the bottom of a round baking mould with baking paper and pour the mixture into the mould. Press firmly with your hands so the bottom of the tin is covered.
- Put into the fridge while you make the rest of the cheesecake.
- Heat the dark chocolate au bain-marie until all chocolate has melted.
- Put silken tofu in your blender, add melted chocolate and vanilla extract and blend until smooth. Taste it. If you like more sweetness, add some maple syrup/ any other sweetener you like.
- Pour this mixture over your pie crust, put the finished pie back in the fridge and let set for about 3 hours.