Avocados are packed with nutrients such as an array of B vitamins, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin E, antioxidants, healthy fats, and fiber. Not to mention the scrumptiously creamy texture and neutral flavor that allow for versatility and use in a variety of recipes, including desserts! Not only is this vegan chocolate mousse packed with nutrients, it is also free of refined sugar and common allergens such as nuts and gluten. It is super rich, delicious, and perfect for entertaining or simply sharing with someone you love.
Chocolate Avocado Mousse [Vegan]
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled
- 1/4 nondairy milk of choice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao
- 4 soft pitted medjool dates OR 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup melted dark chocolate, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until the mixture develops a smooth, creamy, and mousse-like texture.
- Place in refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve in small bowls or dessert cups. Garnish with fresh berries, if desired. Enjoy!