Hands down my favorite cookie recipe yet! They won’t last long, especially if you have some almond mylk to dunk ’em in.
Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup aquafaba (water from a can of organic chickpeas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Add aquafaba to a clean, large mixing bowl and whisk for 7-10 mins until stiff peaks form.
- Add sugar, almond butter, and vanilla extract to a food processor and blend until thoroughly combined. Fold through the whipped aquafaba.
- In a medium bowl, mix oats, ground almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking soda. Add to the wet ingredients and stir briefly to combine. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Drop 1 tbsp of dough onto the prepared baking tray and gently flatten, use the back of a spoon if it's sticky. Press choc chips into the cookies and bake for 9-11 minutes until golden. Remove and allow to cool on the trays, they'll firm up a little. Keep in an airtight tin for up to 4 days.