These perfectly textured vegan, chipotle sweet potato burgers have a hint of maple sweetness and a smoky chipotle kick. They are great for meal prepping or for family dinners! They will impress everyone at the table! Try them out!
Chipotle Maple Sweet Potato Burgers [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chipotle Maple Sweet Potato Burgers [Vegan]
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), diced small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats, dry
- 1/4 cup pecans, minced
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 8 hamburger buns
How to Prepare Chipotle Maple Sweet Potato Burgers [Vegan]
- In a medium saucepan, add the diced sweet potatoes and cover with water. Add a dash of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Then, reduce to low and simmer for about 15 minutes until very tender. Drain and set aside for later.
- In a medium frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium-low. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 10 minutes, until the onions are brown and fragrant.
- In a large bowl, add the oats, through and including the pepper. Whisk well to combine. Add the boiled sweet potatoes and the onion mixture as well as the maple syrup. Using a wooden spoon, mash the sweet potatoes and mix everything together very well.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Coat your hands with a non-stick cooking spray and form the burger mix into eight large patties. Arrange on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake at 400°F for about 45 minutes, turning the patties over halfway through. Once done, remove from oven and allow to rest for about 5-10 minutes. This will set the patties.
- Serve hot, with barbecue sauce. Freeze the leftovers for a quick meal later.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 2197 | Total Carbs: 367 g | Total Fat: 61 g | Total Protein: 62 g | Total Sodium: 3926 g | Total Sugar: 156 g Per Serving: Calories: 275 | Carbs: 46 g | Fat: 8 g | Protein: 8 g | Sodium: 491 mg | Sugar: 20 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.