You could get a perfectly delicious veggie taco bowl from your neighborhood Mexican restaurant, or you could make one yourself that's filled with zesty chipotle hummus and smoky fajita veggies! How amazing does that sound! Plus, it's way easier to make than you think. No excuses – you have to make this!
Chipotle Hummus and Fajita Veggie Taco Bowls [Vegan]
- 4 large flour tortillas
Chipotle White Bean Hummus:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chipotles in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 1 medium avocado
- 2/3 cup black beans
- 2/3 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- Lemon wedges and cilantro for garnish (optional)
To Make the Tortilla Bowls:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease the outside of four ramekins. Place the ramekins face down on a baking tray and gently lay and shape tortillas into bowl shapes over each. Bake for 8-12 minutes until crisped.
- Add all of the ingredients for hummus into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth then pour into a small bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and add peppers, onion, and zucchini. Sauté for 6-8 minutes until peppers are softened.
- Now assemble the salads by adding lettuce, hummus, veggies, and all of your desired toppings to your homemade tortilla bowls.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Simon Kuestenmacher delicious!!