Peanut cookies are a popular, traditional Chinese New Year cookie. They are easy to make, temptingly delicious, and they melt in your mouth!
Chinese New Year Peanut Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 11 1/4-ounces unsalted peanuts
- 11 1/4-ounces gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1-ounce desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup rice bran oil
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, halved
- Add peanuts to a food processor and grind until a smooth paste.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients in a bowl.
- In a larger bowl, whisk dry ingredients and add the peanut paste. Combine well with a spatula.
- Add wet to dry and combine.
- Knead the dough with your hands until smooth.
- Position the oven rack to the lower third of your oven and preheat fan-forced oven to 320°F.
- Using your hands squeeze some dough together and form a small ball.
- Place each cookie 1/2-inch apart on baking trays with parchment paper.
- Press one halved peanut into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on trays for 5-10 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container.