This dish is one of those super easy weeknight meal dinners. Why? Because as the noodles are cooking, you simply chop up and heat the veggies and then everything should finish around the same time. Through it all into one bowl and mix everything together and BOOM, dinner is served. The lip-smacking combination of chili and lime plus the fresh veggies will have you coming back for more.
Chili Lime Thai Noodle Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 box Pad Thai rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large carrot, chopped OR sliced (whichever you prefer)
- 1/4 cup peppers (I used mixed, but feel free to use your favorite kind), chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup white mushrooms
- 1 cup edamame*
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup red chili sauce (make sure it's vegan!)
- 1 avocado for topping
- Cook noodles in a large pot of water over stovetop.
- While noodles are cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet and add carrot, peppers, garlic, mushrooms, and edamame; cook over medium-high heat until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Once noodles are cooked, drain water from pot and add vegetables; stir.
- Stir in lime juice and chili sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and top with sliced avocado.
*It's easier to eat if you buy shelled edamame, but you don't have to. I just had to shell mine as I was eating the dish.