This chickpea salad uses the flavors of a classic potato salad (like dill, celery, and onions) but instead of mayo, the recipe employs the texture deliciousness of avocados to give the dish a creamy texture. The only way to improve on an already stellar chickpea salad would be to make the bowl and avocado – and so here we are!
Chickpea Salad Stuffed Avocados [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Halve and pit the avocados. Remove the flesh from each, leaving a bit of flesh around the sides of the avocado to keep the structure.
- Roughly mash together the chickpeas and avocado using the back of a fork. You can also pulse ingredients together in a food processor. Leave some chickpeas whole for the chunky texture.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, tasting, and seasoning as you go.
- Stuff each avocado skin with chickpea salad.
- Top this with extra dill and salt and pepper.