These wraps are an energizing version of the popular chicken-ranch wrap. This recipe, instead, uses protein-rich chickpeas, nutty tahini, fresh dill, and some carrots and celery to get the same creamy effect. It's the perfect portable dish to bring to picnics, potlucks, and barbecues
Chickpea Ranch Wraps [Vegan]
For the Tahini Ranch Dressing:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon chickpea miso paste or white miso paste
For the Chickpea Salad:
- 3 cups chickpeas
- 1/2 of 1 red onion, diced finely
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 4 tortillas, pitas, or flatbreads
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk throughly.
- Chop 1 cup of chickpeas into fine pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss together the whole chickpeas, chopped chickpeas, onion, carrots, and celery.
- Coat the chickpeas and vegetables with dressing.
- Assemble in a wrap of your choice and serve.