This soup comes together in 30 minutes or less, making it perfect for a weeknight dinner!
Chickpea Miso Noodle Soup [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 6 cups light broth
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped greens - I used kale
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked pasta - I used brown rice shells
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1.5 tablespoons miso paste
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a soup-sized pot, over medium heat add oil, garlic, and onions. Cook until translucent.
- Add the broth and bring to a light simmer. Continue for 15 minutes.
- Strain out the garlic and onions. (Not necessary, but helps make this recipe super kid-friendly)
- Return pot of broth back to stove over medium heat and add pasta, chickpeas, celery, and greens. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until veggies are to your desired tenderness. Remove from heat or lower heat to lowest setting.
- In a small bowl add hot water, miso, and lemon. Whisk together and add to soup. Combine well and add salt and pepper to taste.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile