If you're a fan of sweet and savory, this recipe is for you! The savory flavor of the chickpea combined with the sweetness of the raspberry is wonderful.
Chickpea Gnocchi with Powdered Spruce Buds on Raspberry Coulis [Vegan]
- 1 cup of potatoes (preferably starchy)
- 1/2 cup of raspberries
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of delicate extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 2 drops of organic pine essential oil
- 1 tablespoon of pine bud powder
- chickpea flour as needed
- sea salt to taste
- flowering chives stems to taste
- fresh flowers calendula as needed
- thyme leaves to taste
- lukewarm water to taste
- white pepper to taste
For the Gnocchi:
- Cook the steamed potatoes, mash them in the potato masher and let them cool.
- Dilute the pine bud powder in a little warm water then add it to the potatoes.
- Add enough chickpea flour to make a soft but not sticky ball of dough. Let the dough rest in a bowl covered with plastic wrap for about 30 minutes.
For the Coulis:
- Wash the raspberries and place them in the bowl of the immersion blender with the orange juice and the sugar and blend until you get a puree.
- Sieve the sauce to remove the seeds.
For the Stone Pine Oil:
- Emulsify the drops of essential oil with extra virgin olive oil and let it heat in a bain-marie over low heat for a few minutes.
- Take back the dough of the gnocchi and form regular balls, dip them in boiling salted water until they come to the surface and then cover them in the pine oil.
- Serve by placing the coulis on the bottom of the serving dish, place the gnocchi, sprinkle them with extra pine buds powder.
- Add the calendula flowers, chive flowers and thyme leaves and white pepper if you like.
- Serve immediately.