This recipe for chickpea fusilli in hemp tahini sauce is great for a quick family dinner. The hemp tahini sauce has just the right amount of spice and flavor while the red bell peppers give the dish a splash of color. The best part is that even though this dish is easy, it's delicious.
Chickpea Fusilli in Hemp Tahini Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1/2 cup water
For the Pasta:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup scallions
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 2 cups chickpea fusilli or other grain-free pasta, boiled and drained
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients for the sauce and blend them until they are smooth.
- Set the sauce aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and add the scallions, the red bell peppers, and the edamame.
- Sauté them for a couple of minutes and then toss in the pasta.
- Cook for 1 minute before you fold in the hemp tahini sauce.
- Mix the pasta very well and serve the dish warm.
- Hemp Seeds
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile