Chickpea broccoli Curry for a warming and nourishing dinner. It’s hearty, comforting and so satisfying.
Chickpea Broccoli Curry [Vegan]
For the Curry:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger or ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 2 carrots sliced into thin coins
- 3 cups broccoli
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Lime wedges
- Chopped peanuts
- Heat a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil and onion. Cook until translucent, around 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, curry powder, and salt and cook for another minute.
- Add the carrots, broccoli, chickpea, coconut milk, and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a simmer and then cover and let cook for 10 minutes
- Stir in the peanut butter and then add the fresh spinach and stir until wilted.
- Serve over rice with lime wedges, and chopped nuts.