Colorful, delicious, and so perfect for spring! This easy frittata is a great addition to brunch, packed with peas, carrots, and fresh green asparagus. Nobody would guess that this is made from chickpea flour instead of eggs
Chickpea Asparagus Spring Frittata [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water
- 3/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened soy or oat milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg, garlic powder, and herbs as desired
- 1/2 bunch of green asparagus
- 1/2 cup of peas, frozen or fresh
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- In a bowl, combine chickpea flour with water and milk. Add seasoning and let sit for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables and brunch a medium-sized ramekin with coconut oil. Preheat oven to 410°F.
- Fold the peas and carrots into the batter. Pour into the ramekin and lay asparagus on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let cool before serving.