This chickpea and cauliflower curry is filled with all the protein you could ever want, and even more flavor! It is so well spiced and the textures compliment each other so well. Give it a go!
Chickpea and Cauliflower Curry [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion – sliced
- 2 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower (about 2 cups) cut into florets
- 1 can drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup water/veggie broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings: cilantro, cucumber, coconut, raisins, etc.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add the onions and saute until almond translucent.
- Add all of the spices, tomato paste, and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes, toasting all the spices. Add your water and stir to incorporate all the spices.
- Add in the cauliflower and chickpeas, mix well, then cover and cook for about 5 minutes (you can also add peas at this point if you want too!)
- Uncover and continue to cook until you get the desired consistency of sauce (cook longer if you want less sauce, or cook less to keep the liquid)
- Serve over rice with toppings!