These bars are bursting at the seams with fiber, vitamin E, folic acid, niacin, pyridoxine, calcium, iron, manganese, zinc, magnesium, selenium, copper, omega 3’s, tryptophan, potassium, biotin, antioxidants, flavonoids, minerals, pectin, riboflavin, vitamin k, protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats. Phew! What a mouthful! Now that’s a lotta goodness crammed into 20 or so little bars!
Chewy Granola Bars [Vegan]
- 2 Cups Organic Rolled Oats (Pulsed in food processor)
- 1/4 Cup Organic Rolled Oats (non-pulsed)
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Raw Cacao Nibs
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts (Optional)(replace with another nut)
- 1/2 Cup Almonds (broken up)
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoon Cinammon (Good quality)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Chia Seeds (soaked in tablespoons water)
- 3 tablespoons Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil (melted)
- Optional: Additional sweetener - maple syrup/honey/agave
- 4 Big Organic Apples (steamed and pureed)
- 1 Cup Medjool Dates (steamed and pureed with apple)
- Preheat oven to 360ºF.
- Next you'll want to make your apple and date puree. Start off by peeling and coring all 4 apples. Chop into small pieces and place into a steamer. Add the dates and steam for approx 10 mins, until the apples are completely soft.
- While the apples and dates are steaming, place the 2 cups of oats into a food processor and pulse until quite fine, but not like a flour. You just want to reduce the flakes in size so that it's easier for them to stick together. Remove and place into a big mixing bowl.
- If you don't have a mortar and pestal, you can chop your almonds up next in the food processor, and add to the mixing bowl.
- Now, once the apples and dates are done, place into the food processor. Blitz until a smooth paste has formed.
- Into your mixing bowl, add the remaining dry ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Add the date and apple puree, coconut oil, chia seeds and vanilla extract and stir thoroughly. If you would like to add additional sweetener like maple syrup or honey, you can do so here. The bars are sweet, but are diabetic friendly so additional sweetener may be necessary.
- Once everything is mixed, place into a lined baking dish and press down. Use your hands or the back of a big spoon to level out the mixture.
- Pop into the oven and bake for roughly 40mins, or until golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container.