Amazing bright and vibrant cherry jam sandwiched between two soft cookie dough slices made from flax and almond meal. These irresistible bars are loaded with all kinds of good stuff. Deliciously sweet but awesomely healthy. Did we mention that this recipe can be made with just about any fruit you want? Swap out cherries for whatever you have on hand.
Cherry Jam Cookie Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Raw]
For the Cookie Bars:
- 1/2 cup golden flax seeds, made into flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 10-12 dates, soaked and drained
For the Cherry Jam:
- 2 cups frozen pitted cherries, thawed at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cherry juice, from the thawed cherries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons beetroot powder, optional
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- Place all cookie bar ingredients (except milk) into a food processor and blend. Should take one or two minutes. Process until the dry mixture will release enough oils and sticks together when pressed. Add a tablespoon of milk and pulse to combine.
- For the jam filling, simply blend the thawed cherries with some cherry juice and a handful of dates until it becomes smooth. Add a tablespoon psyllium husk and pulse together. Let sit on the counter top for about 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half, roll it 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick, and spread the jam over the base, roll out the remaining dough and gently press down on the jam to create a sandwich. Place in the refrigerator for a few hours (3-4 hours) to set and then cut into bars.