This granola isn't your typical granola recipe! It goes so well fruit or on top of yogurt! Rather than using oats as the main ingredient for this recipe is sliced almonds instead of oats!
Cherry Almond Cluster Granola [Vegan]
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons agave (or honey if not vegan)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped dried cherries
- Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees
- Heat agave, maple syrup, extract, and coconut oil together until melted and combined
- In a bowl, mix together the almonds, oats, coconut, walnuts, and flax seeds
- Pour agave mixture over nuts and oats and combine well.
- Spread mixture on a pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before breaking up. Add cherries and mix.