This sauce is so delicious and versatile, you're going to want to slather it on pretty much everything. From steamed or sauteed veggies to quinoa, tofu or even pasta - it's a creamy, herby addition that takes dinner from "meh" to "mah-velous."
Cheezy Basil Cilantro Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 cup of cashews, soaked at least 4 hours (or soaked in boiling water for a few minutes)
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- the juice of a lemon
- 1 tsp of salt
- a few tablespoons of water
- 1 cup of tightly packed fresh basil
- 1/4 cup of loosely packed cilantro
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- water (as much or as little as you’d like)
- Blend all of the ingredients. I took out 3/4 of this cheeze and put it in the fridge for other recipes. I left 1/4 of the cheeze in the blender to make the sauce.
- Blend the ingredients together and slowly add the water in a steady stream until you reach the consistency you would like for the sauce. I prefer mine liquid-y, so I added 1/4 of a cup. Set the sauce aside.