Cauliflower is the perfect rice replacement and this dish is packed full of turmeric and ginger so it's super healthy too. This is an easy meal to prepare after a long day at work or to take with you for lunch during the work week.
Cheesy Turmeric Cauliflower Rice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2-3 teaspoons powdered turmeric
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- A pinch of Himalayan salt and pepper, to taste
- Loosely chop and then pulse the head of cauliflower in a food processor.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegan butter in a skillet.
- Heat the shallot and garlic until translucent about 4 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, nutritional yeast, the additional tablespoon of vegan butter and powdered ginger. Sauté for it for about 5 minutes or until everything is tender yet crisp.
- Top it with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.