Kale chips, a super-snack! Easy to make with only a few ingredients, all that is required is big scoop of patience. And let us tell you, it is so worth it for this high protein, highly delicious snack!
Cheesy Kale Chips [Vegan]
- 6-8 big kale leaves
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon bell pepper spice
- pinch chili flakes
- Wash and dry your greens
- Remove the stem and tear the leaves into smaller pieces. How big you want the kale chips is up to you. I like them quite big
- Place the dry greens on an oven tray.
- Mix all ingredients for the cheese dressing by blending cashew nuts, water, nutrients and spices in a blender or food processor. If you are using a food processor, you will need to blend for a longer time than if you’re using a blender. You may also need to add some extra tablespoons of water
- When the dressing is blended into a smooth cream, pour it over the greens and massage it (with clean hands). Be sure to cover the whole kale leafs with dressing
- Then dehydrate the kale chips on 140°F for at least 8-9 hours. Be sure to keep the oven door open so that there is an even flow of air in the oven. You can use a butter knife or any other wooden kitchenware to keep the oven door slightly open. (If you use a dehydrator, you can put it on 42 degrees for 10 hours.) Make sure the chips are completely dry before removing them.