Let’s make popcorn today! This dehydrated cauliflower popcorn is salty, cheesy, and crunchy! It's also a nutritious alternative to corn. Showcasing turmeric, often called “the queen of spices,” with its immunity and metabolism boosting benefits, this snack tastes great and is gentle on your body. Make this for movie nights or whenever you want a healthy snack! You won't want to stop munching on this dehydrated cauliflower popcorn!
Cheesy Cauliflower Popcorn [Vegan, Raw]
Ingredients You Need for Cheesy Cauliflower Popcorn [Vegan, Raw]
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (you can use smoked, too)
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
- 2 large pinches turmeric
- A large pinch chili powder, plus more if you like it spicy
- 5 drops pure liquid stevia or 1 teaspoon date paste (optional)
- 2 extra tablespoons nutritional yeast for sprinkling (optional)
How to Prepare Cheesy Cauliflower Popcorn [Vegan, Raw]
- Cut your cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
- Combine lemon juice, nutritional yeast, olive oil, paprika powder, salt, turmeric, chili powder, and stevia in a large mixing bowl. Stir well with a spoon.
- Add the cauliflower pieces and stir again, making sure that every single piece is covered with the marinade.
- Place the cauliflower pieces onto a dehydrator tray lined with a Teflex sheet. Sprinkle with the extra nutritional yeast to create a deep cheesy flavor.
- Dehydrate at 115°F for 8 hours or longer, until the cauliflower is nice and crispy. Your popcorn is ready.
This cauliflower popcorn will stay fresh for at least 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If you leave it to dehydrate until it is completely dry and crunchy, you can store it in a glass jar in a cool dark place for at least 1 month.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 204 | Total Carbs: 23 g | Total Fat: 8 g | Total Protein: 12 g | Total Sodium: 748 g | Total Sugar: 6 g Calculation including the optional 2 additional tablespoons of nutritional yeast.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.