This is a veganized version of the classic spinach and artichoke dip that everyone loves! It's still just as creamy, cheesy, and totally dip-able, but the nutrition is punched up a bit with the addition of kale. Eat with bread, chips, or your favorite sliced veggies.
Cheesy Baked Kale Artichoke Dip [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1-5-ounce container baby kale
- 15 ounces cannellini beans (one can), drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts (one can), drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Large pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Large handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Heaped 1/2 cup cashew cream**
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Steam the kale until it just wilts and turns bright green, then drain it. Coarsely chop it and set it aside
- Combine the garlic, red pepper flakes, chives, parsley, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse it a few times to chop everything. Add the cannellini beans and artichoke hearts and pulse several times until the mixture is thick and chunky. Add the artichoke mixture to a bowl along with the kale, nutritional yeast, and cashew cream. Mix it well, then taste and season with the sea salt.
- Put the dip in an oven safe dish and bake it at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until it is warmed through and just starting to brown at the edges. Serve warm with your favorite chips, crackers, or veggies.