These cheeseburger tator tot bites only require a few ingredients and are fairly quick to make. Make these bites as the perfect game day snack or just on any ordinary day when you want something extra special. They’re also grain-free, so all your friends can enjoy them!
Cheeseburger Tater Tot Bites [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Burger Sauce:
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
For the Cheeseburger Tots:
- 48 frozen vegan tater tots
- 1 cup TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 1 cup water
- 1 vegan beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup vegan cheese shreds of your choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red onion
To Make the Burger Sauce:
- Whisk all the ingredients together. Set aside.
To Make the Cheeseburger Tots:
- Grease a cupcake pan and place 3-4 tater tots in each cup. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While tots are baking, rehydrate the TVP. In a small saucepan, add bouillon cube with one cup water, and bring to a boil. Mix boiling water with dry TVP and set aside for 5-10 minutes to rehydrate.
- Once rehydrated, cook TVP in a medium skillet on medium-high with olive oil until heated through, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- After 10 minutes in the oven, remove cupcake pan. Using a pestle or rounded tool, press the tater tots down in the center, forming a tater tot "cup."
- Fill each cup with about a tablespoons of TVP mixture and top with vegan cheese. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove cupcake pan from the oven and allow tater tot cups to cool for about 5-10 minuted before removing them.
- Garnish with burger sauce, tomatoes, pickles, and red onions.
- Potato Recipes