What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, contains minimal ingredients, minimal steps, packs tons of flavor, has aesthetic appeal, perf for any season, perf side item for everything from soups to salads, great for entertaining, and can easily be made in bulk!!
Cheddar Chive Biscuits [Vegan]
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour, plus additional for rolling
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt (Kosher or Table Salt)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, very cold
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chives, Chopped
- 1 cup shredded Vegan Cheddar
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and black pepper; whisk well to combine.
- Add the vegan butter to the flour and using your fingertips rub the butter into the mix, stopping when the mixture is a coarse meal.
- Stir in the chives and vegan cheddar.
- Gradually add the almond milk stir with a fork just until a messy (sticky) ball is formed.
- Turn the dough out onto a generously floured surface and knead (with very floured hands) until the dough has been worked into a ball; about 6-7 times should do it.
- Don't overwork the dough as they won't rise well.
- Pat the ball down into a 1" thick round, then use a biscuit cutter to cut out as many rounds as possible, re-rolling the scraps as needed.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet bottom side up as it should be more flat.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.