Cozy up with this chai vanilla oatmeal. As close as you'll get to a hug in a bowl. With fragrant spices and a good dose of creamy vanilla, this recipe is a staple for the colder season. Oatmeal doesn't need to be boring! You can add your favorite toppings and the best fruits of the season. You can save time by prepping this the night before, just leave to soak overnight and heat through in the morning.
Chai Vanilla Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 1.5 cup oats
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup plant milk (or more water)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 star anise
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 4 cardamom pods, seeds only
- Combine all ingredients in a small pan and allow to soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir well and heat gently until thick and creamy.
- Top with your fave toppings!