This recipe for chai roasted muesli is so great for an autumn morning breakfast with the warming flavors of the chai spices. And it’s super easy to make too. This is also a nut-free and gluten-free version (as long as you're using gluten-free oats), so it’s allergy friendly and packed with vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and fiber – from the sunflower and flax seeds, dried fruit, oats and puffed rice. Toasting the muesli gives it a deeper flavor and chewier consistency.
Chai Roasted Muesli [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup pitted dates, soaked for about 1 hour
- 6 1/4 cups puffed brown rice (or white rice if you can’t find brown)
- 2 cups rolled oats (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1 1/4 cups organic raisins
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1-2 tablespoons chai spice mix (or use any of the spices cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 300°F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a huge bowl, or two smaller ones.
- Mix the soaked dates in a food processor or hand mixer, until completely smooth – adding with a little bit of the date soaking water as needed.
- Add the dates to the dry bowl and mix with your hands until the dates have been mixed in evenly.
- Spread evenly on two parchment paper covered oven trays, and toast each batch in the oven for about 10–15 minutes, until completely dry, stirring every five minutes or so.
- Keep in an airtight container.