Sit back and relax with a cuppa and a slice of chai fruit cake. Moist chai spiced cake studded with sultanas and dried apricots, topped with a creamy vanilla cinnamon cashew icing. The easiest recipe and comes together in one bowl!
Chai Fruit Cake [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Chai Fruit Cake [Vegan]
Chai fruit cake
- 1 1/2 cups dried fruit (sultanas and chopped apricots)
- 1 1/2 cups boiling chai tea
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 chia egg (1 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How To Make Chai Fruit Cake [Vegan]
- Turn oven to 350ºF and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper. Soak dried fruit in boiling tea with the oil for at least an hour (longer the better). Soak cashews in boiling water for 30 mins.
- Mix dry ingredients and add fruit and tea. Add chia egg and stir to combine.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently fold everything together. The mixture should be just firm enough to drop from the spoon. Do not beat or overmix. Spoon batter into prepared tin and level out the top. Bake for 45-60 mins or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool fully.
- Prepare cashew frosting by draining cashews and adding to a food processor with coconut milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Process on high until smooth and creamy, about 8-10 mins. Spread on top of loaf cake and dust with a little cinnamon before serving.
- Chai Spice
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile