This veganized bolognese is perfect for any plant-based pasta combination you may be looking for. It captures the texture of real bolognese, with a taste that is even better!
Cauliflower Vegan Bolognese [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 5 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup packed spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 can (14 oz) no-salt-added crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato soup or tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic, carrot, cauliflower and spinach and cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted.
- Add all remaining ingredients, stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and let cook 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and either blend a little with a hand held mixer or transfer to a blender and pulse a couple times until you reach desired consistency.
- Serve with zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash or your choice of whole grain pasta.