Cauliflower: what can't it do? The coolest cruciferous vegetable of the moment can be made into delicacies like pizza crust, buffalo "wings," and in this recipe – rice! This veggie-full side dish is a unique alternative to plain old cooked grains, and would be a perfect accompaniment to tempeh, tofu, or another plant-based protein of your choice.
Cauliflower Rice With Mushrooms and Spinach [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cauliflower Rice With Mushrooms and Spinach [Vegan]
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced (about 1/2 small onion)
- 2 cups spinach
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
How to Prepare Cauliflower Rice With Mushrooms and Spinach [Vegan]
- Cut cauliflower into chunks, and put into a food processor.
- Pulse 10-15 times until you get a small, rice-sized texture.
- Heat a pan over medium heat for one minute.
- Add onion to pan, cook about four minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in mushrooms and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook for four minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in cauliflower, celery, sea salt, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook on medium for five minutes, then turn the heat to low. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Combine parsley and spinach in large bowl.
- When the cauliflower and other veggies are done, add them to bowl with parsley and spinach. Add in the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and mix to combine all ingredients.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 780 | Total Carbs: 60 g | Total Fat: 56 g | Total Protein: 24 g | Total Sodium: 2457 g | Total Sugar: 27 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.