A dreamy dish for cold, rainy days, this cauliflower puree is cozy and comforting. Warm up with this delicious recipe!
Cauliflower Purée with Miso-Mushroom Spinach [Vegan]
- 1 head Cauliflower
- Lemon Juice & Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Almond or Oat Milk
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1 pinch White Pepper
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1 pinch Salt
Miso Mushrooms and Spinach:
- 1 big handful Fresh Spinach
- 2 Cups (cut) Cremini or white Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Miso Paste
- 2 tablespoons Soy Cream or Oat Cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 big shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- Start with heating a pot with water and salt. Cut the cauliflower into the separate little stalks and start cooking the cauliflower for 7 minutes until they are getting soft.
- Cut the shallot into little cubes and the garlic into thin slices. Add the sesame oil into a pan and add the onion and the garlic. Roast them until they are getting soft, than add the mushrooms.
- At this point, the cauliflower should be done. Take it out and add it to a blender or a bowl to mix it with a hand blender.
- Add nutritional yeast, plant-based milk, salt, nutmeg, pepper, lemon juice and zest. Blend until very smooth and season as you feel.
- Stir the mushrooms and add the spinach, as soon as the mushrooms are getting soft and reduced in size.
- Stir the spinach so it reduces in size as well. Now, add the spices, the miso paste, and the cream and stir until everything is well combined.
- Serve the mushrooms on top of the purée and enjoy with your beloved ones and a good tea.