Mangoes lend their vibrant color and juicy flavor to this coconut milk curry. This dish also has cauliflower, spinach, tomatoes, chickpeas, and plenty of seasoning. Serve with flat bread or rice so to not miss a single drop of the delicious juices!
Cauliflower, Mango, and Spinach Coconut Curry [Vegan]
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower
- 3 handfuls of spinach leaves
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 large mango
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 red chili
- Coconut flakes, to serve
- A large bunch of fresh coriander, to serve
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 390°F.
- Cut the cauliflower in smallish florets.
- Place cauliflower on a baking tray. Gently toss in olive oil. Roast for around 20 minutes until cauliflower is cooked (it should still have a bite). Make sure you give a stir after 10 minutes so it cooks evenly.
- In the meantime, heat some olive oil in a large saucepan. Add finely chopped onion and crushed garlic.
- Add ground coriander, cumin, mustard seeds, garam masala, ginger, fenugreek, and turmeric. Fry gently until onion is soft.
- Add quartered tomatoes, coconut milk, stock, chickpeas, and spinach.
- Top with cauliflower. Bring to a boil and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Add diced mango.
- Season with lemon juice, sugar, followed by salt and pepper.
- Add finely chopped chili, to taste.
- Serve with plenty of chopped fresh coriander and plenty of dry roasted coconut flakes.