This curry is jam-packed with protein from tofu, peas, and cashews — and it's so easy to make!
Cauliflower Chickpea Cashew Curry [Vegan]
- One 13.5-ounce can of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup extra-firm tofu, cut into small pieces
- 1 (small) head cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized florets
- One 13.4-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cashews, toasted
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Cilantro, chopped
- Brown rice, cooked
- Prepare your brown rice.
- While the rice is cooking, bring 1/2 cup of the coconut milk to a gentle simmer over medium heat in a large pot.
- Whisk in the curry powder and salt until combined.
- Add the onion and garlic, stirring to combine and let cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining coconut milk, water, and the tofu. Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the peas, cauliflower florets, and the chickpeas. Cover the pot and let simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the curry from the heat and add the cashews.
- Top the rice with your desired amount of curry and garnish with cilantro.