This is a beautifully simple recipe that works great if you are trying to make lunch for a week. You start with a basic tomato base and then add some whole vegetables for nutrition and some spices to make the dish pop. You should get creative with the spice proportions so you can have a dish that is just to your liking.
Cashew Spinach Cannellini Bean Stew [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Cashew Spinach Cannellini Bean Stew [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Scant 3 cups tomato purée
- 17 ounces spinach
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 2 14-ounce cans cannellini beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Curry, to taste
- Cardamom, to taste
- A handful of cashews
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Scallions, for garnish
How to Prepare Cashew Spinach Cannellini Bean Stew [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- If you're using dry cannellini beans, pre-cook them according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Wash and finely chop the spinach.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a big saucepan and add the chopped spinach. Fry it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato the purée and the cashew butter.
- Mix well and heat the mixture until it's nearly boiling on medium heat.
- Add the beans and season them with salt, pepper, and curry powder. Keep the stew heated but not boiling.
- In a small saucepan, heat the other tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the cashews, salt, and more curry powder.
- Mix and roast for 3-4 minutes until the cashews brown lightly. Remove them from heat.
- To serve, transfer a good amount of the stew into a bowl and sprinkle with roasted cashews, some herbs, and scallions.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.