Vegan matcha ice cream is the best way to cool down this summer! With a cashew and coconut milk base, this summery vegan treat is so creamy! The matcha and coconut flavors also compliment each other perfectly. Who needs to buy an overpriced matcha latte when you can make this vegan matcha green tea ice cream? Also, Buddhist monks drink matcha for its potential to heighten concentration and enhance metabolism. So here’s a theory: if matcha is healthy, and matcha’s in your vegan ice cream... then that means that vegan green tea ice cream is good for you?! Now, that’s the perfect recipe for Netflix-and-chill.
Thank You Very Matcha Ice Cream [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight and rinse
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 cans full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons food-grade matcha powder
- Sea salt
- In a blender, combine cashews and almond milk. Blend on high until thick and creamy. Measure out 2 cups coconut milk solids and add to blender. (Reserve or discard the remaining liquid. You do not want any of this liquid in your ice cream.) Add sugar, vanilla, matcha and a pinch of sea salt and blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into an ice-cream maker. Churn until mixture has thickened to a consistency similar to soft-serve. In most ice-cream makers, this takes about 25 minutes — check the instructions for your machine.
- Serve immediately or prepare to freeze. Transfer to a freezer container and press a piece of wax paper against the surface of the ice cream, which will prevent ice crystals from forming. Freeze for at least 4 hours, until solid.
If you’re allergic to cashews, substitute raw almonds. If you’re allergic to all nuts, use raw sunflower seeds.