These strawberry treats are a super easy dessert idea for your next get-together. They look adorable and only require you to scoop out a bit of the inside of a strawberry, stuff it with creamy cashew date cream, and top it with a blueberry! Simple! Not only does this trio of flavors taste perfectly balanced, light, and sweet, but they add a pop of color to your table.
Cashew Cream-Stuffed Strawberries [Vegan]
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and dried
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- 1 cup cashew date cream
For the Cashew Date Cream:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in cold water for 4 hours
- 1 cup pitted dates, preferably Medjool, soaked in cold water for 4 hours
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 pinches ground cinnamon, to taste
- Non-dairy unsweetened vanilla milk, for thinning
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of the strawberries so that they stand upright. Remove tops of strawberries with a paring knife and gently scoop out some of the insides of the strawberries.
- Use a pastry bag with a decorative tip, or fill a plastic bag with one corner cut off, with cashew date cream.
- Fill the strawberries with the cream and top with a blueberry. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
To Make the Cashew Date Cream:
- Soak cashews and dates separately in cold water for 4 hours.
- Drain cashew and dates. Add dates, cashews, vanilla, and cinnamon to a blender, or food processor fitted with S-shaped blade.
- Purée until creamy and smooth, adding a tiny bit of non-dairy milk if it's too thick.
- Chill in refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour, or until ready to use.