These strawberry treats are a super easy dessert idea for your next get-together. They look adorable and only require you to scoop out a bit of the inside of a strawberry, stuff it with creamy cashew date cream, and top it with a blueberry! Simple! Not only does this trio of flavors taste perfectly balanced, light, and sweet, but they add a pop of color to your table.
Cashew Cream-Stuffed Strawberries [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cashew Cream-Stuffed Strawberries [Vegan]
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and dried
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- 1 cup cashew date cream
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in cold water for 4 hours
- 1 cup pitted dates, preferably Medjool, soaked in cold water for 4 hours
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 pinches ground cinnamon, to taste
- Non-dairy unsweetened vanilla milk, for thinning
For the Cashew Date Cream:
How to Prepare Cashew Cream-Stuffed Strawberries [Vegan]
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of the strawberries so that they stand upright. Remove tops of strawberries with a paring knife and gently scoop out some of the insides of the strawberries.
- Use a pastry bag with a decorative tip, or fill a plastic bag with one corner cut off, with cashew date cream.
- Fill the strawberries with the cream and top with a blueberry. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Soak cashews and dates separately in cold water for 4 hours.
- Drain cashew and dates. Add dates, cashews, vanilla, and cinnamon to a blender, or food processor fitted with S-shaped blade.
- Purée until creamy and smooth, adding a tiny bit of non-dairy milk if it's too thick.
- Chill in refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour, or until ready to use.
To Make the Cashew Date Cream:
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.