This dish is both delicious and bursting with flavor!
Carrots with Asian Spices [Vegan]
- 2 carrots
- 2 organic blood oranges
- 2 oz (60 g) roasted hazelnuts
- handful of pitted black olives
- Non-dairy butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Wash the oranges thoroughly and slice them thinly. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, coat the foil with olive oil and place the oranges on the tray.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Slice the carrots into diagonal pieces and sauté them for about 5 to 7 minutes in plenty of vegan butter. Coarsely chop the nuts. Arrange the orange slices on a plate, add the carrots and top with the olives and nuts.
- Season with some black pepper and a little bit of salt.
Blood orange slices baked in the oven taste heavenly. You can serve them as chips. You need to cook them just long enough for the skin to turn crunchy without letting them burn. That’s when they’re at their best. In my oven, that’s after exactly 20 minutes at 400 °F (200 °C). But each oven is different, so you’ll have to experiment with it the first time.