These delicious and healthy carrot flatbreads are so tasty - find out for yourself and whip them up today!
Carrot Parantha (Flatbread) [Vegan]
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (atta)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt ( or to taste)
- 3/4 cups warm water
- 4 carrots grated thickly
- Some dry flour for rolling out paranthas
- Squeeze out the juice from the grated carrots. Use this juice to knead dough.
- Mix whole wheat flour and salt. Add carrot juice and warm water and knead dough. The dough should not be very soft.
- Let the dough rest for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Take a lemon sized ball of the dough, press it between palms, apply some dry flour and roll out a small circle. Add a table spoon of grated carrots, sprinkle a pinch of salt. Cover all sides and roll gently to make a chapatti.
- Heat the tawa (griddle) and put the parantha on the tawa. When golden specs begin to appear on the lower side, apply a teaspoon of olive oil and cook till golden and crisp.
- Repeat on the other side.