Healthy Vegan Carrot Cake Banana Loaf…. if you love carrot cake and love banana bread then you need this in your life for sure!! This loaf is gluten-free, vegan, and high in protein! The recipe is very simple- simply mix in a bowl and bake. Mix up frosting and top once cooled… voila!
Carrot Cake Banana Loaf [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Carrot Cake Banana Loaf [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Carrot Cake Banana Bread:
- 1 medium mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Puree (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 flax egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats or quick oats
- Scoop of Vegan Protein Powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 3 ounces vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon Vegan Vanilla Protein powder (or powdered sugar)
How to Prepare Carrot Cake Banana Loaf [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed banana, coconut sugar, milk, flax egg, and vanilla until smooth
- Mix in the oat flour, oats, protein powder, baking powder, and spices until well combined
- Fold in carrots and nuts then add to bread dish and bake in oven for 40 minutes (I stick a toothpick in and when it comes out clean – it is ready!)
- While the bread is baking, make the cream cheese frosting by creaming together the cream cheese, and protein powder
- Spread the frosting on the carrot cake when it is cool and slice and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.