These cardamom pistachio rose energy balls are an amazing pick-me-up throughout the day. They also function wonderfully as a sweets-craving-killer, for those after dinner hours when you’re puttering around the kitchen, hoping that the chocolate fairy has magically granted your cabinets a visit. The flavor draws on that of the Middle East where pistachio baklava and rose Turkish delights are often found in pastry shops and markets. Their exotic, sweet and satisfying flavor comes from just a few simple ingredients: pistachios, cardamom and rose water.
Cardamom Pistachio Rose Energy Bites [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cardamom Pistachio Rose Energy Bites [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup raw, shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rosewater (available in the international section of most grocery stores, Indian or Middle Eastern markets, and many liquor stores)
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Generous pinch salt
How to Prepare Cardamom Pistachio Rose Energy Bites [Vegan]
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process for 1-2 minutes, or until all ingredients are broken down and mixture sticks together.
- To form balls, press together small amounts in the palm of your hand, then, once it has become one solid form, roll it into a ball. Store in fridge for up to a week, or at room temperature for 3-4 days.
- Makes 10-15 single serving balls, depending on how large you roll them.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.