This simple vegan dessert is ideal for those who don't want to start a campfire! This skillet is packed with gooey chocolate and marshmallow goodness. The caramelized bananas keep the s'mores dip from feeling overly indulgent. Break apart some graham crackers into dipping sticks to get the true s'mores experience.
Caramelized Banana S’mores Skillet [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil over medium heat in an oven proof skillet.
- Place the banana slices in the skillet and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Allow bananas to caramelize for 2-3 minutes on 1 side. Using tongs, flip and repeat. Turn off burner.
- Remove bananas from skillet and place in a bowl or on a plate.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil to the skillet to avoid graham crackers from sticking.
- Break graham crackers into halves or thirds and use them to cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Top with banana slices, chocolate, and marshmallows.
- Place underneath your broiler on a rack about 6″ from the top to melt the chocolate and brown the marshmallows, about 2-3 minutes.
- Watch to make sure that the mallows don’t burn!
- Remove and serve immediately.