The crumb topping on this pumpkin pie cheesecake is absolutely delicious and takes the dessert to a whole new level! This dessert is so rich and full of complementary textures and flavors.
Caramel Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake with Streusel Topping [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 10 ginger snap cookies or 12 golden sandwich cookies
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon agave
For the Filling:
- 2 containers of 5 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 8 tablespoons canned coconut milk (cream only)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
For the Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 can of sweetened condensed coconut milk
For the Streusel Topping:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 cup oats
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter softened
- Chill canned coconut milk in fridge.
- Put cookies in food processor. Process till cookies are fine sand.
- Add melted vegan butter and agave to the crushed cookies and processor.
- Pour crust into a 4 X 8 tin. Press the crust into the tin firmly. Place in fridge.
- In a blender add both containers of vegan cream cheese, sugar.
- Open chilled can of coconut milk. Drain coconut water. Take only the coconut cream and melt in microwave with the coconut oil. Add to blender.
- Add half of the filling to the tin and place in the fridge.
- Add pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice to the rest of the cream cheese filling. Pour the pumpkin cheesecake on top of the plain cheese cake.
- Make streusel topping by mashing softened vegan butter with a fork into sugar, spice, flour and oats. Sprinkle crumb topping on the cheesecake. Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Make caramel sauce by mixing nut butter with sweetened condensed coconut milk. Pour into a baggie to drizzle caramel over the cooked and cooled cheesecake. Enjoy!
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile