These tacos are filled with smoky and crispy Cajun-spiced baked cauliflower and topped with a citrusy corn salad. Charred and crispy cauliflower, light and citrusy corn salad, fresh cilantro, and lime, aka a dream combo. These tacos are full of flavor and scream sunny weather and outdoor BBQs.
Cajun-Spiced Cauliflower Tacos [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cajun-Spiced Cauliflower Tacos [Vegan]
For the Cajun-Spiced Cauliflower:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked, sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
For the Corn Salad:
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Flaky sea salt
For the Tacos:
- 5-6 corn tortillas
- Sliced avocado
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Cashew crema (optional, but highly recommended)
How to Prepare Cajun-Spiced Cauliflower Tacos [Vegan]
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare the cauliflower marinade. Whisk together the olive oil, grated garlic, brown sugar, paprika, Cajun seasoning, and salt. Add cauliflower florets and toss to coat in the marinade thoroughly. Refrigerate for 30 min to several hours (the longer, the better).
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the cauliflower onto the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Reserve the bowl with the leftover marinade. Bake cauliflower for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- While the cauliflower is baking, prepare the rest of your taco toppings (sliced avocado, fresh cilantro, lime wedges) and corn salsa.
- In the bowl with the leftover marinade, add chopped tomatoes, corn, juice from 1/2 lime, and salt to taste. Stir to combine. Refrigerate until the cauliflower finishes baking.
- Assemble tacos by spooning cauliflower into a corn tortilla, followed by corn salsa and other desired taco toppings.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.