The raw vegan cheese and croutons in this vegan caesar salad truly make it a crowd pleaser for anyone! You can even prep the salad ahead of time so that it is quick and easy to assemble when you need it! Enjoy!
Caesar Salad [Vegan, Raw]
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup kelp soak water (2"x 2" size piece of kelp + ¼ cup water)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 12 cloves of garlic (remove the sprout inside and grate)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black salt (substitute regular salt if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons raw vegan parmesan cheese
- Make the raw vegan garlic rosemary croutons and if you own a dehydrator, raw vegan parmesan cheese shards the day before.
- Soak a 2" x 2" size piece of kelp in 1/4 cup of water overnight, then take the kelp out.
- Soak the cashews for 24 hours. Drain and rinse well.
- Make the raw vegan parmesan cheese.
- Add all the caesar dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Wash the romaine lettuce and use the salad spinner to dry the leaves. Cut the romaine lettuce into bite size pieces.
- Toss the romaine lettuce with some of the dressing to taste. Top it with parmesan cheese, some garlic rosemary croutons and parmesan cheese shards.